Complying With OSHA Standards At SafeVision®
At SafeVision, the protection and health of your eyes is our priority. That’s why we are dedicated to providing you with prescription safety glasses that comply with the most current OSHA safety standards for eye and face protection.
Why Compliance Is Important
Complying with OSHA standards is a critical matter of health and safety. Did you know in 2014, 3 out of 5 workers who were injured on the job were not wearing the right kind of eye protection or none at all?
While eye safety awareness in the workforce has grown, many companies are still seeking ways to encourage consistent and correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) use among employees.
Keeping our products up to date and in compliance means that your employees will receive the safest possible safety glasses for their specific line of work.
Tested For Safety & Quality
- High velocity impact to determine the capability to resist impact from high velocity, low mass projectiles
- Penetration to determine the ability to resist penetration by low mass pointed projectiles
- Switching index of glasses that automatically darken filter lenses when exposed to light sources.
- Ensuring the safety glasses can prevent liquid splashes and sprays from reaching the eyes.
- Ensuring the safety glasses can prevent both large and fine dust particles from reaching the eyes.
These tests are applied to both prescription and non-prescription lenses.
We Stay Abreast Of Industry Standards
For example, when OSHA standards changed in 2003 to require mandatory foam gaskets for miners, SafeVision directly worked with over 60 companies and thousands of individuals to create new solutions and products to meet these new standards.
And we succeeded, creating safety glasses that not only met these standards but prevented fog build up in a variety of mining environments.
When shopping for prescription safety glasses for your corporation, be sure to always ask about safety standards and request a statement or certificate of test results so you know you are getting the best.